As the School Board Member for District 1, Dr. Gallon is committed to and will provide strong, engaged and dependable leadership that will:
- Increase educational opportunities and performance outcomes for all children.
- Monitor the equitable and appropriate allocation and distribution of teaching and learning resources for all schools.
- Demand support, increased compensation, and professional treatment for all educators and school personnel.
- Facilitate parental and community access and responsiveness to school and district-related issues that impact student learning and safety.
- Ensure the provision of safe, clean, and orderly schools for staff, students, and members of the community.
- Promote and monitor fair, open, and equitable access to employment, career advancement, and business opportunities for all members of the district and community.
A Proven Track Record of Educational Leadership and Innovation
As an Educational Leader, Dr. Gallon:
✓ Improved student learning in reading, mathematics, science, and writing.
✓ Increased student graduation and promotion rates.
✓ Increased programs for honors and advanced placement.
✓ Increased programs for the arts and vocational, career, and technical education.
✓ Improve school discipline and safety.
✓ Decreased suspension rates.
✓ Promoted and expanded early childhood education programs.
✓ Expanded programs for at-risk and underperforming learners.
✓ Supported quality programs and resources for students with disabilities.
✓ Supported quality programs for gifted and talented students.
✓ Secured grants and increased funding for educational programs.
✓ Developed and implemented districtwide strategic plan.
✓ Increased parental and community engagement and partnerships.
✓ Expanded the provision and access to educational technology.