Hurricane Shelters in District 1 and Preparation Tips from Dr. Steve Gallon III
Preparing for Hurricane Dorian
[/vc_column_text][vc_single_image image=”16580″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”][vc_column_text]
Hurricane Shelters in District 1 & Preparation Tips from Dr. Steve Gallon III
[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_empty_space][vc_single_image image=”16588″ img_size=”full”][vc_column_text]
North Miami Senior High
113110 NE 8th Ave.
North Miami, Fl. 33161
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_empty_space][vc_single_image image=”16581″ img_size=”full”][vc_column_text]
Miami Carol City Senior High
3301 Miami Gardens Dr.
Miami Gardens, Fl. 33056
Here are a few Tips to help keep your family safe
- Know where to go. If you are ordered to evacuate, know the local hurricane evacuation route(s) to take and have a plan for where you can stay. Contact your local emergency management agency for more information.
- Put together a go-bag: disaster supply kit, including a flashlight, batteries, cash, first aid supplies, medications, and copies of your critical information if you need to evacuate.
- If you are not in an area that is advised to evacuate and you decide to stay in your home, plan for adequate supplies in case you lose power and water for several days and you are not able to leave due to flooding or blocked roads.
- Close storm shutters, and stay away from windows. Flying glass from broken windows could injure you.
- Turn your refrigerator or freezer to the coldest setting and open only when necessary. If you lose power, food will last longer. Keep a thermometer in the refrigerator to be able to check the food temperature when the power is restored.
- Turn on your TV/radio, or check your city/county website every 30 minutes in order to get the latest weather updates and emergency instructions.
For additional questions & information, please call M-DCPS Hotline at: 305-995-3000 or
Miami-Dade: 305-468-5400 or 311 from within county
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
Leave A Comment